Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's my nameday

Yes, it is.
Name-day is a very Swedish thing that i have always found hard to explain to Australians. Basically; every day of the year has one or a couple of names attached to it according to the calendar. Like 9th of December has Anna and Annie. Therefore this is my nameday; like a little birthday of sorts.
I admit most people in Sweden don't make much fuss over namedays, but I grew up in a family where we always made every day as special as we possibly could. That's why nameday is a really, really big deal for me.
It has perhaps taken H a few years to understand this, but now he does. So here is my nameday present! Pretty awesome, don't you think! Handmade from a gallery in Dalby. Very precious.
On a totally different note... goodness me, I'm getting old. Look at those veins on my hands! Gosh...

1 comment:

  1. vad fint vilken tur att H har lärt sig nu när mor inte fick till det i år
    kramisar i massor

    ReplyDelete