Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spa Pedicure

I got the day off work so I went to the shops early to get stuff for the birthday party. But just on a whim I decided to try out getting a spa pedicure done. Heaps of people I know do them, but I've always thought it all looked a bit weird. Anyways, I did it! I was plonked in this massage chair that seemed to want to swallow me up, very strange and not very comfortable at all. The lady who did it spoke almost no English but she happily chatted with the other girls in Vietnamese so I just sat there and listened to them.
It took about 30 minutes I guess, but here is the result. I don't know what I think, to tell you the truth. I don't think it was worth $35, but hey at least I tried it. And YES, I got duck feet. I know!
Bought Humungosaur hands for M for his birthday (horrible things, but since CL is getting him a Transformer this was kind of the only thing left on his wish-list) and some food for the party, and will now procede to putting together the pass-the-parcel and updating the party planner list. Still lots to do, but as always I am very organised and on top of it (keep telling yourself that, Annie!). I'm actually not very stressed about this; we did the same thing for his birthday last year and had a bigger turn-out than what we are having this time so it feels like it's all under control. Been there, done that type of deal.
Last year I had sooo much activities planned not realising that 10 kids+park=fun with no need for organised games. Still doing pass-the-parcel and a pull-it-pinata and the fishpond for the loot bags. And I got good loot bags; Spiderman ones with Milkyways, sultanas, jelly-sticks, stickers, balloons, bubbles, tattooes and noisemakers.
Hopefully H gets the undercover bench at the park (he'll be there at 6.30am!) and that there won't be any crazy rain and floods.
Tomorrow is Australia Day and we're heading up the coast for a BBQ with H's cousin NJ.

1 comment: