I have been counting calories over the past two days. It's a first for me, but I just had to do it because I wasn't getting anywhere with this weight loss. So I googled stuff and put my details into some random calculator thing (about my height and weight and amount of exercise) and it came up with the magic number 1509. That's how many calories I should restrict myself to in order to lose 0.5 kg per week. I figured 0.5 kg per week was a fairly healthy weight loss goal?
So 1509 calories per day is not too bad. It allows me some muesli with no-fat milk for breakfast, a couple of pieces of fruit, a wholegrain sandwich with salad for lunch and for dinner I have lentil soup or fish and veggies or just a little bit of enchilada with a whole lot of salad, and depending on how I go a muesli bar or 3 plain biscuits. I also usually consume a certain amount of caffeine, ha!
I do alright through the day, but come around 7pm (about two hours after dinner) the hunger kicks in. I don't know if that's a habit thing or plain hunger, I guess time will tell. I go to bed a little bit hungry, maybe it's because I'm breastfeeding as well? It's supposed to take up between 250-500 calories per day.
We'll see how we go...
No comments:
Post a Comment