Finished! I loved almost all of it; I had issues with the Duke of Chalced storyline but perhaps that is because I don't like the influence his character is having on the story. I don't like where it's going at all, poor Selden! Goodness, who will save him? The Duke's daughter is the only one I can think of. Or perhaps nobody will. Sadness.
It was great to have plenty about Reyn and Malta again although I sometimes found them a bit too lovey-dovey, they have certainly changed a lot since the Liveship books. That particular courtship was quite hilarious to read, back then.
Leftrin and Alise are a more interesting couple, but I'm wondering what the Tats vs Rapskal scenario will take us. I have a sneaking suspicion Rapskal will die somehow, kind of like how Burrich died at the end of the Tawny Man books. Tats was there in Thymarra's storyline from day one, and there must be a reason. I think anyways.
Not enough Sedric! Oh well, it'll be interesting when Hest gets there and meets Carson. Hest is definitely a dead man, eventually. Again, I think anyways.
And the dragons and Kelsingra? Most exciting of course. Hopefully Tintaglia isn't far away. She will be very happy, indeed.
Now I have to wait another year for the last book. Blah. Oh well. I think "Wise Mans Fear" should be due in the shops soon.
Except for that I will be waiting for the last of this series, and the last of Wheel of Time and book 6 of ASOIAF... perhaps it's time I began yet another fantasy series? Ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment