Wednesday, October 10, 2012

High Fidelity

Struggling to find something to read now when I've finished all the fantasy books, so I asked WW at work what he would recommend. He recommended quite a few, most that I didn't find at the library, but this one the library did have so I decided to give it a go.
Set in the 80s or something like that it was fun to read about a time when people listening to Prince and did compilation tapes, and the main character Rob was very amusing and sometimes extremely enraging.
Seriously, what a dickhead! Not even a lovable dickhead, just a dickhead. So incredibly self-obsessed, more so than your average 2 year old toddler.
He did grow on me slightly towards the end. His girlfriend takes him back just because she doesn't know what else to do really and that is kind of all he deserves and he seems to know it. She is set on giving him a kick in the arse to get his life moving which he needs.
In spite of having a very unpleasant main character the book was entertaining enough and the two guys working at the record shop really topped it off. If it hadn't been for them, I most likely would not have finished it.
So yeah, good book for train rides to and from work at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment