Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dreamsongs 1

A short story collection by none other than George RR Martin. I was a bit hesitant to get this, but wanted to spend my book voucher monies and there was nothing better.
Well, well, well. I have never been much for short stories because I think a lot of the time it's not enough space for proper character development, but these ones are AMAZING!
Not all of them are great, but most of them are. There are beautiful science fiction stories, a handful of fantasy and ends with some very scary horror stories. I LOVED IT!
Favourites?

The Second Kind of Loneliness. When he realises what he has done... wow. Also amazing setting, mindblowing.

The Stone City. Very thrilling, and uncomfortable.

The Ice Dragon. Such a beautiful story; like a song!

Sandkings. I had to force myself to turn the page, it was so scary...

The Monkey Treatment. Sick and twisted, and awesome.

The Pear-Shaped Man. The stuff of nightmares!!!

2 comments:

  1. I want to read it too now, especially the scary ones, I love that stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will Wang is borrowing it first, then you can :-D

    ReplyDelete