So I finished Memory Of Light.
It took a lot longer than I had expected, because I only read a little bit at a time to make it last longer. I must admit to reading the ending fairly early on and was happy that Rand survived even if I wished he had just taken Min with him like I wanted him to. Lol.
There was a lot of battle scenes, being The Last Battle between good and evil, and sometimes I found it a little bit tedious. I also found the battle between Rand and The Dark One a bit weird, but then again how would it have played out any different really? I mean it's a man fighting a spiritual being outside of the world (kind of), and it ended up being a battle of wills/talk fest about who was the strongest.
Highlights!
Egwene's death. Not because she was my least favourite character and I was happy to see her die, but rather because she died being really kick-ass like she's never been before.
Olver blowing the horn. So well written. And Brigitte came back, yay.
Perrin fighting Slayer. Brandon Sanderson writes Perrin better than Jordan ever did.
Logain. Enough said.
Androl and Pevara. For two characters who just came into the story super late, they achieved some incredible things.
Demandred and the Sharans. Very cool, although I wish Galad had killed him.
Talmanes. Yeah!
The Red Veils. The moment that the Wise Ones realised what had happened to all their channeling males... That was a huge moment.
Lowlights!
Mat and Tuon. Just weird and I do not understand why he is so keen on her. Not believable at all.
Survivals. Maybe reading GRRM has damaged me, but I did expect more people to die. For example Lan and Faile. Almost annoying. It was the Last Battle after all...
Elayne. What a stupid little girl! She is such a frustrating character, running around the battlefield whilst 6 months pregnant. Oh my goodness.
The stupidity of the Forsaken. For a bunch of people meant to be super-bad and smart and evil, they're really stupid...
So yeah, the end of that era of my life. Feels good, overall I was very satisfied with the end. Now it's a waiting game until March 11th when the last book in the Rain Wilds Chronicles come out.

No comments:
Post a Comment