Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ah such a morning

Second class in archery course today. They moved the targets out and we got to shoot with sights. Made it more controllable, until my bow started playing up. Anyways! Such fun, and managed to avoid annoying old man but still stand next to the nice lady from last time and one of the dads and we got along real well. New teacher today as well, who I think thought it was pretty neat training girls and spent heaps of time with us two. Or maybe we just sucked more than the others, but I don't think so. I did hit the yellow heaps, at least in the middle of the session. Then I got too cocky and everything went wrong.
Two of the teachers brought their own bows. First guy had a super-fancy recurve bow with lots of accessories and stuff, the other guy a traditional longbow (total WOT-style!) with old-style arrows and quiver and everything. After their demos, nobody went up to look at the fancy one. Everyone, me including, flocked around to admire the longbow. So freakingly awesomely cool.
Next week last class, then I can join the club. But I think life's a bit too hectic for me to commit and I don't know about going on my own and that. Nah, might move on to something else. But I am totally itching to buy myself a longbow, just to have. If H wasn't so anti-nerd I'd put it up on the wall in our room.... omg... I'm turning into my dad! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment