Sunday, August 22, 2010

Possum feeding time

Beautiful day. We went for a drive to Calvert to visit P&L. It was awesome as always, sitting outside in the sun eating lunch listening to all the crazy roosters. M had the best fun with Auntie L and with Smudgie too who is probably the only cat to not freak out and run away from M. She doesn't get stressed out one bit.
My highlight of the day, and the weekend and even more than that (if it wasn't for the archery I'd say highlight of the year!) was feeding Russellina. She is a possum baby that P&L are taking care of. They are part of an organisation that cares for injured wildlife. Russellina lost her mummy and is very little so they have to bottlefeed her three times a day and she is thriving. Today I got to have a turn! Amazing!
What is not so amazing is how much food I've eaten this weekend. Back to fruit and crackers and low GI dinners tomorrow and I might feel a bit better. Right now I feel bloated like a hot air balloon...

No comments:

Post a Comment