Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In the Blu-Ray

We have watched a couple of movies in the past few days.
First was "Robin Hood" with Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett. Gah! It was terrible; some of the scenes were really cringingly embarrassingly unoriginal and supercorny. I could appreciate the costumes and settings and the weapons, as it is a world quite similar to the one I'm writing about, but that was about it. Oh yeah, I did like King Johns French wife, she seemed so awfully arrogant and selfish and ambitious at first that I thought she was going to be a baddie, but then she ended up being quite a positive influence on the story. I hated, hated, hated Russell as Robin Hood and that love story was crap and there was absolutely no chemistry whatsoever. Yes, I expected more. Oh well.
Second was "Alice In Wonderland". By Tim Burton, who I used to love. I didn't like this movie either. He's becoming quite unoriginal in all of his originality, if that makes sense... and the lead girl was flat, Johnny Depp was playing a role that felt to me like just a slight adjustment from Captain Jack Sparrow, and Helena Bonham-Carter was meh. The story sucked too. And the production design, in all its expensive CGI-glory, was boring.
Hey, "How to Train Your Dragon" was perhaps not the most original movie ever made, but it was fun and engaging and entertaining and cute and lovely.
These two movies though were an absolute waste of my time.

2 comments:

  1. We just saw Robin Hood too and found his changing accent to be very odd.../Lina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice that, probably because I'm still half-deaf :-)
    It doesn't surprise me though.

    ReplyDelete