Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Floods getting worse

Our suburb is fine. Actually at the moment it looks like only Ipswich and the areas around Brisbane River are going to go under. It's all very tragic though, and scary. Brisbane is my beautiful city that I love. However we are safe out here, 20km away.
Auntie L and Uncle P are well too, although now as the waters have gone down there's a gigantic mess to clean up.
H has gone to work, but I'm staying home today with M. Kindy has closed, just in case, but I think they will most likely open up again tomorrow. It's not flooded here at all. My work is obviously in central Brisbane so no way of getting in there, and they've cut the electricity too. Just read on couriermail.com.au that the CBD is like a ghost town because everyone has been urged to stay away and not go to work. Waters are to peak at 2-3pm today, and then peak even higher tomorrow. Lots of people I know will be affected, or cut off.
Well, M and I have an extra day off now. What the heck are we going to do? Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment