Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One day...

... perhaps I can write something like this. Fitz has just resurrected the Fool from death, against all odds. It's just after, as the Fool remembers the torture he suffered when dying. They are all alone in a safe place and this is Fitz speaking. Anyways, I can not fully describe the importance of this moment without totally re-tell the whole story, so you should just go and read it! I say.

"All that night, I cradled him in my arms, as closely as if he were my child or my lover. As closely as if he were my self, wounded and alone. I held him while he wept, and I held him after his weeping was done. I let him take whatever comfort he could in the warmth and strength of my body. I have never felt less of a man that I did so."

And I have finished this book. And the whole series. It ended well, that is all I have to say. Although there are some strings still left untied- because apparently the author was considering writing more books about Fitz. Why on earth did she not, I wonder? Oh well, so be it.
M is getting his bedtime story read at the moment by H. After kindy today I took him to the pool, it was lovely. Good day, mostly.
Now I might escape to Volveon; a world which seems quite bleak in comparison to Six Duchies. I do not view that as discouragement though, not it's more of a spur. I need to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment