Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Kingfisher On My Hand

Big weekend!
Work was as work is. Over it.
Saturday night though was good fun; lovely food and laughter. Down at Southbank at a Japanese restaurant.
Today was great; we went to Calvert to visit Uncle P and Auntie L.
H helped them start up their new air-con and they cooked a BBQ and it was great. As always there are a lot of animals at their place and today I got to cuddle 3 baby ringtail possums and one baby brushtail possum and feed two different birds. I don't remember the name of the other bird, but this was the beautiful kingfisher I got to meet and hold.
Birds are my favourite animals, one day when we move to a house I will have birds again. I had been thinking cockatiels like we have had previously but Auntie L mentioned perhaps I should try doing wildlife rescue for birds... well, sounds like a lovely thing to do.
Anyways, that would be somewhere in the future... we are still in a unit and will be for a little bit longer. And now I am heading to bed; work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment