Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Twisted Branch"- just finished!

I haven't read a lot of horror so didn't really know what to expect here. It was pretty spooky and uncomfortable and a couple of times I was scared to turn the page (I know it is very silly; it's not like the ghost is going to jump out of the book or anything, ha ha) and I did quite enjoy it. The main character Sam was very likeable too, which always helps.

So I finished it this evening and went online to check out reviews (I find it interesting to read what others think and compare to my own thoughts) and was surprised to find most people described it is "dime-a-dozen horror" and not scary at all.

Eh.

Does that make me a little bit wimpy, then? :-) I'd hate to read whatever those people would describe as a very scary book, I wouldn't be able to sleep for months!

1 comment: