Monday, July 11, 2011

Arya at the steps of Baelor

As I mentioned in the previous post H and I finished watching season 1 of Game of Thrones. Overall, I think they've done a wonderful job transferring a very complex and involved story to the screen. Then on the other hand; this is only the beginning. It'll get more and more intricate as the story goes along. I'm sure in the end they will have to remove certain stories and certain characters to make it work. I really dearly hope they keep the Dornish in (apart from the Red Viper they don't appear until Book 4- but they're kick-ass!).
Happily I found the birth of the dragons very satisfying and unfortunately the proclamation of the King of the North extremely underwhelming, but out of everything I most loved this scene. Perhaps because this was exactly how I had pictured it. Exactly. Arya watching the death of her father, which is the beginning really of her fascinating life story...

No comments:

Post a Comment