Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Work visit

Today I went into work for a visit, because D&J had not seen little J yet. She was on her best behaviour with lots of smiles and giggles so that was lovely fun for sure.
Otherwise the main news of the day is really the sudden scrapping of the solar hot water rebate. It's a big blow to the company H works for. We'll be fine because he's got that pay-out contract so if everything collapses he walks away with a huge sum of money (which means no immediate stress about cash at least) but it's really sad for the company because they have been very good to us and it's really bad too for the clean energy industry.
It just doesn't make sense! The government are making such a big deal about the carbon pollution and then they keep making decisions that are slowly killing off the greener alternatives. Gosh.
Imagine if H ends up going to work at mines in WA? From green energy to filthy dirty energy. So sad. I think I need to get my citizenship so I can vote for the Greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment