Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thursday.

So my working week came to an end and full-time mummy duties next. A much harder job in many ways.
Bought some beer last night thinking I would watch the game anyway. Drank the beer, did not watch the game. Oh well.
M's swimming class first up this morning, then to the bank to pay the Demons some monies (gah) and then shopping centre for credit for phone. By that time it was 3pm which is a bad time for us so let M play in the playcentre there for almost an hour. Lots of kids there so he had the best time. Spoke to a really nice other mummy who needed ideas for a costume party.
Hoping nobody gets offended but if there is something that really bothers me it's fat kids. Not because I don't like them but because they shouldn't be fat. Some adult people are fat, I mean my gosh I'm definitely not a skinny person, but we all know how hard it is to be overweight. You don't only carry extra weight, you often carry low self-esteem and have most likely tried to lose weight several times...
Why oh why then with all that in mind do some people feed their children so much rubbish that they get fat too? I just do not understand it! I know people come in all different sizes and not everyone is thin naturally but I'm not talking about adults or children who are a little chubby or round or whatever. I'm talking about FAT 3-year olds. M played with three really overweight kids at the shops today. Parents were the same. It's so unfair of those parents to get their kids off on such a bad start. Fat kids very often become fat adults. Not fair I say.
Hey, M might get really fat when he's older if he decides as a teenager or older that he prefers soft drink and burgers to water and fruit and veggies but at least I will know I tried to guide him down the right path.
Well, I am still freaking tired and grumpy. Did get some sleep after drinking but M was up at 5.30am and I am running low on fuel now. At least he hasn't had a sleep and will be in bed in about... hmm... two hours or so... yes...

No comments:

Post a Comment