Saturday, July 31, 2010

The best fun I have had in a very long time

Archery was heaps of fun. And pretty hard too. There was so much to consider, how to hold your elbows, and head, and fingers and shoulder blades and legs and a million other things. Half of the lesson we just practiced our stance, then after water break we got to shoot some arrows. First time two of of six ended up on the target, the other four in the grass behind it. By the last round all my six were on the target, two of them in the yellow (which is the middle). So yeah, I was not as embarrassingly bad as I thought I would be. Next week they'll move the targets further away though.
And yes, I rock up and there is me and a whole lot of teenage boys with their fathers/mothers. That's it. Kind of funny. I had wondered what type of people would be there... then a lady in her 60s arrived too, just doing it for the fun of it. Last was a very overweight guy in black clothes and glasses. My guess, he's a fellow fantasy-fan. Perhaps even writing a book, hey!
BBQ tonight with T&I. Haven't seen them in ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment