Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday afternoon

Another busy weekend. When did I last have a sleep-in? Must have been years ago.
Saturday was all about housework (my favourite... not!) and then in the evening Auntie L came over to stay the night and baby-sit M. First time someone else has done the nightshift with him. They had a great time of course, with Toy Story 2 DVD and Twisties. Those Twisties ended up not being the best idea though...
So H and I went to his sisters 30th birthday party. Plenty of yummy food, catch-up with relatives and H got very, very drunk on vodka. It was an 80s Rock theme party so he wore long-haired wig which looked hilarious. I was designated driver, and took him home just after midnight.
Got home and Auntie L was watching TV, M asleep. I went in to check on him and he woke... and started vomiting Twisties! That'll teach me! He usually has an apple cut into pieces and a small glass of milk before bed, so his little tummy was just not prepared for all that MSG, salt and whatever other evil might be in Twisties. Won't make that mistake again.
This morning up early again to talk to P&E because they hadn't seen Auntie L on the computer for a while, then I drove her to Southbank to meet P for a movie. The traffic was madness due to Bridge to Brisbane.
Stopped at pharmacy on the way home to get asthma meds to be told script had expired. Stopped at Officeworks to print about 70 pages for me to edit, it's always easier to get a good idea of flow when reading from paper rather than screen.
Went home, house empty. Collapsed into bed, but unable to sleep so writing blog instead. Next weekend is looking busy too, we are throwing birthday party for H. BBQ at our house. Better get onto the birthday cake tomorrow, hey! Weekend after that is archery again, at the new club.
Work tomorrow. It never stops, but I don't mind. I love it. A little more sleep wouldn't hurt though...

No comments:

Post a Comment