Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday sickness

M and I are home alone, because poor H has gone to the hospital. He was better this morning, but it's gone all bad again and after we went to the pharmacy (The Discount Chemist on Gympie Road, Strathpine are the friendliest and most helpful ever) he decided perhaps it was for the best. So hopefully he will feel better by tonight, most likely he is up for a very long wait at RBH (you know, Australian public hospitals...).
Last night I went on the cross-trainer and it was great. 30 minutes and 500 calories, I used to manage 600 calories in 30 minutes back when I had two sessions per week, but hey it's a start. I'm not going to get there straight away. First time I ever went on it, I was a wreck after 10 minutes so at least I'm much stronger than way back then.
This morning was archery again, great fun. The Irish guy (I think he's Irish at least) named R who I shot with last time had bought himself a longbow. Very nice, but he almost hit me in the face with the bowstring when he tried to string it! Well, I think I might go a recurve bow myself once I feel ready to buy my own. When I get my range clearance and join the club I have 24/7 access to the club so then it will definitely make sense to have my own gear.
Both my readers have read the tribe now, and like it. But they have focused on very different things, which I find so interesting...
Time to cook some dinner and after M is in bed, I plan on making chocolate melting moments for the girls at work tomorrow.
Hoping H will feel better soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment