Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

I was recommended to read this particular book by SL from old Uni days. Lucky enough OB from work had it at home and she brought it yesterday. So I starting reading it on the train home.
Oh my goodness. It is brilliant, absolutely heartbreaking and wonderful and sad and incredible. It is also what I intend on buying for Auntie L for Christmas, because I know she'd love it as much as I did (I'll buy something else too, that will remain a secret, I promise!).
It's about 15-year old Christopher who is autistic and decides to be a detective in order to find out who killed the neighbours dog. I did not put the book down until it was finished around 10.30pm and on the train to work today I re-read my favourite bits.
H is outside chatting to the neighbours. I am being anti-social in here. I don't feel like mingling right now. I feel like being a lazy bum in front of the computer, because I've just come back from half hour run. Well, I didn't run all of it, I admit. But some. Ha ha.

2 comments:

  1. Sis, we already have this book, and yes it is beautiful. One of Paul's friends gave it to us when we lived on Straddie. Love ya/L

    ReplyDelete