Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's raining...

But not much, just a light sprinkle really.
So, it's Saturday today. M and I were at Woolies early this morning to do groceries; once again that was a wise decision as milk is still in short supply because one of the major dairy factories is under water in East Brisbane. There was very few veggies; either the shelves were empty or the stock was old. The veggie man told me it'll all get better in a few days, as I grabbed one of his last bags of carrots. So I got some frozen vegetables too, that'll do for now.
Did not have to get too much food today because H is off to NSW tomorrow morning and he will be gone all week. Not looking forward to that, but yeah.
Want to get down to the range today, since H will be away tomorrow I can't go then. Hopefully this rain eases soon so that will be possible.
E-mailed Svenska Skolan yesterday but have not heard back from them. Might drop in at the local Martial Arts Academy next week sometime; looked on the internet and they do classes for 3-7 year olds at 3.30pm and 4pm during the week. That works quite well for us. It really depends on how M feels about it, and the price of course. But I won't let the price deter me too much if M is keen; he only has one extra-curricular activity at the moment and that is swimming which we don't even pay for (P&E send money) and Svenska Skolan is supposed to be quite cheap.
I do think M needs activities; he is not the type of child you can put in front of the TV for hours at end. He always wants something to do; go to the shops, or the pool, or play cricket or ride his scooter. Constantly. I think karate will be good for him, as long as he likes it of course. We would never pressure him into doing things he did not want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment