Thursday, February 24, 2011

Oh well

I have given this a lot of thought, but I think I do understand some of the Kennit & Althea thing. Maybe I don't like how it happened and some things confuse me (like how could the liveship not know what was happening through Kennit?) and also at the end the liveships started refusing certain blood to seep into their planks... why haven't they done that before? Anyways!
Back to Kennit. So Wintrow has been this symbol for Kennit for the lost little boy attached to a liveship that he once was too. I felt he treated Wintrow quite well really, much better than Kyle Haven ever did, and he seemed to enjoy Wintrows presence and his influence on the crew with all the priest talk.
Then Althea comes, and she is a female version of Wintrow. As in they are very, very similar looking because they're family. And suddenly all Kennit can think of is sex? As if he has been secretly wanting that from Wintrow all along, but never did it because Wintrow is a boy and not a woman? I think that was what really threw me off, because I did not see that coming at all. Sure, then Kennit gets to torture someone like he was once tortured and it's all full circle and I get the importance and that... but yeah... hmmm.... I never noticed any of those sorts of feelings in Kennit at all and it was weird when it just popped up like that.
Maybe if I read it again, it'll make more sense.

As far as real life is concerned... it's all good. Cruisy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment