Sunday, February 20, 2011

Swedish School

Ahh... Sunday morning! Boys are both still in bed so I am getting some alone time. Great stuff!
M and I went to Swedish School for the first time yesterday. He had the best time ever playing with the other kids, but I don't think he learnt anything. Because of course all the kids speak English too... anyways! We'll get there, I'm sure. Some of the other children did not speak a lot of Swedish, several of them seemed to understand Swedish perfectly when the teacher spoke to them but only ever replied in English.
The mums and dads were all lovely and welcoming, and the teacher was a wonderful lady! Of course as always it's a bit overwhelming walking into a group as a newcomer and everyone else know each other quite well; but it was okay. I'm working next Saturday, but the following one we'll go again and I will bring my brownies then. The brownies will work their magic...
On a completely different note... my husband was reading last night! H never reads, apart from car magazines. He bought a book two years ago and isn't even halfway through...
BUT! Last night, for whatever reason, he decided to grab one of my copies of "A Clockwork Orange" and once he had started, he just did not stop. He was still reading when I collapsed into bed last night. I'm so stoked! I have always wished he liked books, so we could talk about them and stuff...
As far as the books I'm reading... well. I think I'm having a massive crush on Brashen Trell. He is probably one of the best male characters I have ever read. He is in some ways quite similar to Kasper, but better written of course. I am learning a lot :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment