Thursday, March 22, 2012

New stuff

I have been trying out some new stuff in the last couple of days.
Last night we had Stuffed Capsicums in the slow cooker; very nice! They were stuffed with a mixture of onions, garlic, tomato, rice and beef mince. I should have taken a picture of that, but forgot!

Today I made some very ugly but very yummy banana pikelets (from the CSIRO cooking for kids cookbook) and after dinner we had Apple & Cinnamon Self-Saucing Pudding from a recipe magazine. Again, I forgot to take a picture but I just ducked upstairs now and took a picture of the left overs in the fridge, ha.

It was a great hit, especially with H.

Also, Auntie L and Uncle P gave me a very fancy cookbook too, so I have been finding some great stuff in there too. It's categorised by ingredient, and there are so many ingredients I would like to cook with but don't know what to cook... for example rhubarb. The book is great for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment